Personal safety is critical for girls and women. Here is a countdown of the top 5 things you can do to prevent abduction and assault of women or girls.
5) Be aware of your surroundings. Keep your head on a swivel while out, looking left and looking right…not down at a cell phone.
4) Go out in pairs or groups instead of alone. There is safety in numbers.
3) Get your keys out of your purse BEFORE you leave a store. Don’t end up head down, fumbling through your purse in a parking lot.
2) Always be ready to defend yourself. Have on tennis shoes?….Great, they will help you run! Have on high heels?…..Good, a heel can quickly be removed and thrown at a would-be attacker. Think strategically.
1) Take a preventative safety course, like ours!
This specialty course is taught by Police Swat Team officers who are a wealth of knowledge and they teach it in a way that the everyday woman and teen girl can understand and utilize. The course offers important information about prevention (like the list above, plus more!) and also teaches tactical maneuvers that can be used by persons of any size using body leverage and Jiu Jitzu techniques to escape from holds and fight back. In today’s world, this information is invaluable. And to get this training from SWAT Team officers…..you can’t beat it! Their cumulative knowledge tops any instructors of this kind that we have ever encountered before and this is why we bring them in to teach this class for us. These guys are the best of the best!
Check our class calendar to see when the next personal safety class is scheduled.