The Safety First Babysitting Class is for youth ages 11-16 who already babysit, will start sometime in the future, or who simply want to learn how to safely stay home alone or with younger siblings. Cost is $50/participant. We can also be hired to conduct courses for groups or individuals.
Next group class is: Sat, June 25, 9-11a. Info and registration HERE.
Participants will learn how to:
- Supervise children and infants
- Perform basic child care-skills such as diapering and feeding
- Handle bedtime and discipline issues
- Identify child safety hazards and prevent injuries
- Care for common injuries and emergencies such as choking, burns, cuts and bee stings
- Communicate effectively with parents
- Find and interview for babysitting jobs
- Develop leadership skills
Upon successful completion, students will receive official certification cards from the American Safety and Health Institute. If you would like to have a class with your organization or at your facility, please contact us.
* It is highly recommended that babysitters take CPR- First Aid course to compliment this certificate.