This course is for youth ages 11-16 who already babysit, will start sometime in the future, or who simply want to learn how to safely stay home alone or with younger siblings. Cost is $50/participant and available courses can be found on our Calendar. We can also be hired to conduct courses for groups of 6 or more.
Sat, May 4, 10:30-3:30 – INFO AND REGISTRATION HERE
Participants will learn how to:
- Supervise children and infants
- Perform basic child care-skills such as diapering and feeding
- Handle bedtime and discipline issues
- Identify safety hazards and prevent injuries
- Care for common injuries and emergencies such as choking, burns, cuts and bee stings
- Communicate effectively with parents
- Find and interview for babysitting jobs
- Develop leadership skills
This is a 5 hour course and upon successful completion, students will receive official certification cards from the American Safety and Health Institute. * To find our next available class date, check our Calendar. If you would like to have a class with your organization or at your facility, please contact us.
* It is highly recommended that babysitters take CPR- First Aid course to compliment this certificate.